Whether you are covered by an insurance policy or not for travel/holiday insurance, in order to make a claim under the policy or against a tour operator there are important steps that need to be taken or recorded.
- The date and time of the accident
- Who it was reported to, their name and position
- Photograph of injury
- Photograph of where the accident took place
- Medical evidence of injury is ideal
- If part of a tour make sure the tour operator completes a formal accident report and ask for a copy of it
- Keep copies of all receipts and expenses incurred
If you have any queries regarding injuries sustained on a package holiday please contact us by phone at 061 501100, email Thomas Dowling, litigation partner at [email protected] or get a call back by completing our contact form so we can provide you with further information or advice.