Different Stages of Business – Startup Businesses
Hogan Dowling McNamara Solicitors Limerick are skilled at representing startup businesses and early stage companies and steering owners through the pitfalls of establishment and their first rounds of fundraising. We guide clients through the start-up phase, advise them on the steps involved in setting up and running a business, and represent their interests to secure the business’ future.
The services we provide to start-up and early-stage companies include:
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
- Intellectual property undertakings/protection.
- Advising on terms and conditions of employment and drafting contracts.
- Appraising heads of terms/letter of intent from investors (VC’s, state agency, private equity and venture debt).
- Reviewing subscription and shareholders agreements with investors and completing fundraising rounds.
- Registering trademark applications and advices in respect of cease and desist letters.
- Reviewing know-how and/or patent licence agreements for spin-outs from third-level educational institutions.
- Facilitating Enterprise Ireland (EI) investments.
We act for a variety of start-up and early stage companies.
We advised a start-up business in the food industry on a broad range of issues, including:
- Negotiating a research and development agreement and a manufacturing agreement. This included advising on the protection of trade secrets/ know-how and copyright issues.
- Applications for community trademarks.
- Advice in respect of website use and content, terms and conditions for third-party use and comparative advertising issues.
- Drafting a share subscription and shareholders agreement with private investors and Enterprise Ireland and dealing with follow-on investments.
- Drafting employment policies and procedures and employment contracts.
Hogan Dowling McNamara Solicitors represented a number of early stage medtech companies including by:
- Advising on a series of fundraising rounds from a number of private investors, a VC and Enterprise Ireland. We dealt with term sheets and various subscription and shareholders agreements.
- Advising on all issues relating to the various investment rounds including all company law issues on a restructuring of the shareholder base that involved the exit of a VC.
- Drafting employment policies and procedures, employment contracts, consultancy contracts, service contracts with directors and advised in respect of shares option schemes and other incentive arrangements.
- Reviewing and amending international distribution contracts and key supplier contracts.
Hogan Dowling McNamara Solicitors are conveniently located at Castletroy House, Dublin Road, Limerick with plenty of off street parking. Please contact us by phone at 061 501100, email Keith Hogan, Partner at [email protected] or get a call back by completing our contact form so we can provide you with further information or advice.